One of spring’s biggest fashion trends is the off-the-shoulder style. From tops to dresses to jumpsuits, you’re sure to see a ton of shoulder-baring options out there.
With tons of different kinds of tops out there, there are so many ways to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe. As it turns out, off-the-shoulder shirts are actually quite versatile – depending on the accessories, they can be dressed up or be made to look super casual. They expose a little skin without being too in-your-face sexy (there’s nothing wrong with super sexy vibes, but not everyone is into it!), and they work for everyone, no matter what your individual style is. It’s safe to say I’ve been converted, and that I’ll be purchasing my own off-the-shoulder top at some point within the next few weeks.
Want to get in on this trend like I did? Here are 14 style tips on how to wear off-the-shoulder shirts this spring that will inspire you to go shopping:
1. Off-the-shoulder tops seem super casual, but if you go for a button-down version with skinny jeans and heels, they can actually look pretty professional.
2. Or maybe you want to be really casual! Look how effortlessly cute this over-the-shoulder top looks with boyfriend jeans and sandals.
3. An off-the-shoulder top is a definite Look, but that doesn’t mean you have to pair it with something simple. A plain off-the-shoulder shirt makes bold pants look that much cooler.
4. There are lots of versions out there that include thin strips. This can look weird sometimes, but paired with skinny jeans, sandals, and a long necklace.
5. You can also go full-on Coachella with an off-the-shoulder crop top, printed shorts, a choker, a floppy hat, and some combat boots.
6. For ridiculously easy summer style, wear a colorful off-the-shoulder top with denim shorts and a cute necklace.
7. And for ridiculously easy spring style? An off-the-shoulder top with high waist jeans and ankle boots.
8. You can also show off only one shoulder by making a regular tee into an off-the-shoulder shirt. Tie it at one side, and let the opposite side fall down your arm. Look how creative you are!
9. A great spring outfit for almost any occasion is an off-the-shoulder shirt tucked into a maxi skirt.
10. Feeling particularly summery? Grab a lacy or see-through off-the-shoulder top and use it as a bathing suit coverup.
11. Or just keep things super simple and wear an off-the-shoulder top with white jeans.
12. Go for a ’90s throwback outfit with an off-the-shoulder top, denim mini skirt, and slip-on sneakers. So cute, so casual.
13. On chillier days, wear your off-the-shoulder shirt with jeans and
14. A shirt that leaves your top half bare is perfect for piling on layers of necklaces.
Which one of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How do you wear off-the-shoulder tops? Let me know in the comments!
Written by: Olivia Johnson, The City Brunette